Monday, November 18, 2013

Menu Monday: Butternut Squash Risotto

I can't promise that my posts on Mondays will always be about a food/menu that I love, but I'm going to try. I love cooking and it doesn't always end up being super creative because I have a 2.5 year old that rarely let's me stay in the kitchen for more than 30 minutes.

If you follow me on Instagram, you'd know that I made one of my favorite fall dishes a couple of weeks ago: Butternut Squash Risotto. One of my best friends introduced me to this amazing recipe a couple of years ago and it's my go-to for a hearty, warm, fallish dish.



You can find the recipe on the website below and I swear the hardest part is slicing the butternut squash. Here's my helpful hint, if you microwave the squash, it makes the skin easier to slice.

http://m.foodnetwork.com/recipes/109073

It also makes great leftovers (which my husband is the king of) and an impressive dish when you have company over. It SCREAMS fall and you can use it as a main course (I usually make a salad and rolls to go with it) or a side dish. I can't promise that your kiddos will love it, (E doesn't seem to like anything orange) but I swear that everyone else will!

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment