Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Thankfulness: Thanksgiving

How could I not make Thankful Tuesday about Thanksgiving? As I feel every year, I have so much to be thankful for. As I look back over my list that I wrote two years ago (the reason I started this blog), I notice that I am still so thankful for all of those things. I am thankful for health, a wonderful family, food on my table (though I don't always cook the best meals), freedom, religion, a warm house...and so much more. I hope that E can understand through us as his parents that he has so much to be thankful for (even when he doesn't get the toy he wants or a sucker). Every night before he goes to sleep I ask him to name the people he is thankful for. Sometimes this list goes on and on, and some nights it's really short...but I want him to always remember that he has more than he could ever need or want (something that a lot of people don't have). And ultimately he should be thankful for a God that loves him and parents that love him more than anything else in the world.

E opened his card from his Nannie and Poppie. Though we aren't in Florida celebrating with them this year, he was so excited to get a card from them (he literally ripped it open in the car). Thanksgiving reminds us that we love those that are near and those that are far.
Last Thanksgiving we spent in Florida. This is Jon's sweet grandmother who is in her 90s (a lady never should reveal another lady's age ;)). We were so thankful to spend the day with Jon's huge family!

So I hope dear friends, that your Thanksgiving is blessed...that it's filled with great joy and the reminder of many blessings. As you look around the table, thank God that you are with the people you love the most and that you have given much to be grateful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment