Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thrifty Thursday: Chambray

Welcome to Thrifty Thursday! My husband should be writing these blog posts because he loves a good deal. I guess he's rubbed off on me a little bit...so here's to hoping I can continue Thrifty Thursdays (because everyone likes to save a little more money). My theory is, the more I save, the more I can get.

Chambray is huge this year (as it was last year)...it looks like it's not going anywhere, but that doesn't mean you want to spend a fortune on a chambray shirt. As a part-time stay-at-home mom, I get filthy dirty when E and I are playing. He and I spend time rolling around in the leaves and tackling in the grass. I also hate ironing, so these chambray shirts are wear and wash :) I love a chambray shirt that I can throw on with skinny pants or leggings. A big chunky necklace looks amazing with it.

I got this amazing chambray shirt at Kohls (www.kohls.com) this past weekend. It was on super clearance and I had a 15% off coupon. Let's just say I spent a whopping $9 for this shirt (originally $44). What I love most about this shirt is that it's fitted and it hits at a great length to wear with leggings or tighter pants. 


Here's the polka dot chambray with my mint green Gap jeans (www.gap.com) and Target flats (www.target.com) (and of course a Starbucks in hand).

I also got this chambray shirt from Kohls (www.kohls.com) for $9. In my opinion, it doesn't look anything like this picture. It's not washed out at all (maybe it's different in the stores?). It's definitely shorter than the first one I showed you, but super cute with the sleeves rolled up and a bright pair of pants. The hearts on it make it super feminine.

This Gap (www.gap.com) one is similar to one I found at our new Gap outlet on sale for $14. It's a little baggier than I would normally wear, but so comfortable. It's super soft and feels like you're wearing a t-shirt. I'll be honest though, the thing I hate most about this shirt is that you have to iron it. YUCK :)

Cheers to wearing chambray,

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment