Friday, November 15, 2013

Well, it's been awhile...

So, I started a blog 2 years ago and I'm just now getting back into it...I've been busy, what can I say?! And, I thought, do people really want to read what I write? Well, maybe they won't want to, but maybe they will. I consider myself pretty funny, but how do I write sarcastically? Or do I? I guess I feel guilted into blogging too. I work in PR and Social Media is a huge part of that...and I don't blog! I've been researching blogs for work (academic ones, not fun pretty ones) and realized that I really should blog. And so here goes...

Let's catch up...well let me introduce myself since I never did that in the first place. I'm a Southern girl living in the same town I grew up in, I have a 2.5 year old boy, I've been married 6 years, I work part-time in public relations/event planning and I spend most of my day running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Whew! That was almost a run-on sentence! What else? I like clothes and accessories a lot...and high heels and painted fingernails, but I'm a tomboy at heart- give me dirt and football games (with a good beer) and I'm a happy camper.

Other important things...running...it's my new addiction. I started running in June as a way to complete a Junior League shift (I know, such a slacker) and then had a pretty good ankle injury. I'm not a patient person and waiting to heal was not the easiest thing. I threw myself straight back into running and ran a 15K in September and my first Half Marathon in October. Let me explain that I was NOT a runner before. In fact, I used to bribe my PE teachers into not making me run. And forget those endurance tests in high school, because I was a dancer I opted out. Running became my alone time at first...when you have a 2.5 year old, things are rarely quiet and those voices in your head rarely get to speak. I run by myself. I run because I can push myself harder than I want to (I actually spend most of my time saying 'push harder'). I run because I WILL eat that extra slice of cake and drink another beer. I run because let's be honest, my abs haven't looked like this since I was 15 years old.

So I see this blog as a place to write about the things I care about: family, event planning, running, cooking  and fashion. If you find my incredibly boring, don't tell me, just stop reading.

I haven't thought about how the blog will be broken up (should I have done this first?) but I'll figure that out as I go. I follow so many amazing bloggers www.sweetsouthernprep.com, www.pinkpreppylillylover.blogspot.com, www.kappaprep.com and www.anneandbradley.blogspot.com to name my favorites that I don't know how I'll even begin to write as well as they do.

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment