Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Smoked Chicken Pasta

Do you ever need a good meal to throw in the freezer? Or a meal to bring someone that just had a baby? Or even just a meal to use up the deli chicken that you threw in the freezer (we have a lot of this!)? Well, this recipe is easy, freezes well and uses up that leftover deli chicken! Y'all know I love my chicken dishes (that's all I eat) so when I come across a great one, I like sharing it with you! We had someone give this to our family when my brother was recovering from cancer and let's just say, we begged for the recipe!


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb smoked chicken (or deli chicken shaved-I finely chop mine)
  • 4 cheese Alfredo sauce (I use 2 15 oz jars of whatever I have on hand)
  • 1 red bell pepper sliced (if it's a small pepper, I use 2 and like to use different colors)
  • Mushrooms (usually just a package sliced)
  • Mozzarella or Monterey Jack Cheese shredded (2 cups)
  • 8 oz penne pasta
  • Chopped scallions or green onions (optional)

Directions:
Prepare pasta according to the directions on the box. Saute sliced peppers and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.

Spray 9 x 11 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread chicken (sliced) on the bottom of the pan.

Add cooked pasta, sauce, bell pepper and mushrooms and mix lightly.

Put as much cheese you desire on top and then top with scallions or green onions.

If you are freezing the casserole, you can stop here. If you aren't freezing it, bake at 350 degrees uncovered until hot (about 30 minutes). If it is frozen, let it thaw completely before baking (or bake approximately 1 hour frozen).

I serve it up with a salad and bread! It makes a super easy supper!

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment