Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Buttermilk Chicken Fingers

Only because I missed a recipe yesterday am I mixing it up and posting one today. I mean, if you're weather is anything like ours, you're starving. Why does snow/ice make me so darn hungry? All I want to do is eat! Well, here's an easy one (you probably have all of the ingredients if you're not able to go to the store) and it's pretty good for you! As long as we have power, I'll return tomorrow with my regular posts :) Everyone stay warm, safe and dry. I know E is super disappointed at the lack of snow and all of the ice we have. And talk about disappointed...my husband's birthday is tomorrow and so much for a nice celebration.

We will also make an announcement about the winner of the Stella and Dot earrings. Thank you to everyone that entered. Just corresponding with Ashley to make sure everyone completed each step :)

So, I stopped eating all meat except for chicken when I was in third grade. Let's just say that my recipes for chicken are in the 100s, but I never stop making this one. One of my best friends sent me this recipe. It's quick, it's easy, it's healthy and there's a lot you can do with it. You can find the original recipe at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/crunchy-parmesan-chicken-tenders-recipe/index.html but it's been changed up quite a bit.

Marinate chicken tenders in buttermilk (cover completely) for 30 min (no more than an hour).
Create a mix of breadcrumbs & Parmesan. Salt & pepper the chicken and cover the chicken tenders in the crumb mixture.
Place breaded chicken on parchment paper on a baking sheet (this makes clean up a breeze). Drizzle olive oil over each tender.
Ingredients:

  • Chicken (cut into tenders or nuggets)
  • Buttermilk (approx 2 cups or enough to cover your chicken in a bowl)
  • Breadcrumbs (approx 2 cups)
  • Parmesan cheese (approx 1 cup) I either use Kraft parmesan or a fresher cheese (really whatever I have on hand)
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Parchment paper
Marinate chicken tenders in buttermilk (cover completely) for 30 min (no more than an hour). Create a mix of breadcrumbs & Parmesan. Salt & pepper the chicken and cover the chicken tenders in the crumb mixture. Place breaded chicken on parchment paper on a baking sheet (this makes clean up a breeze). Drizzle olive oil over each tender. Bake about 12 min at 500F.

You can add any kind of sauce to this that you want. We used a leftover marsala sauce and it made these babies delicious! Or just eat them with ketchup or honey mustard. Kids love them and they make great leftovers!

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment