Sometimes I feel like my posts can be really surface. I know I've mentioned this before, but I really do strive to be honest with my readers. I don't just have products or clothes on my site for the heck of it...if I'm posting something, it's because I really do love it.
Well, my birthday was Monday, so I thought it would be as good as time as any to share some of my goals for this year...and things I've realized over the past few years.
1. This year I will not let people's opinion bother me. I am a people pleaser with a capital P. I have always strived to make everyone else happy. Often times it means that I'm not happy. I'm not talking about my husband and son...God knows that I will do everything in my power to make them happy. I just mean everyone else around me (even y'all).
2. I won't stress out over the little things. Probably by now, you realize I'm crazy. I'm OCD and I really do obsess over stuff. Little stuff. I used to reread my papers 100 times in school and then find more mistakes after I turned them in. Teeny tiny things really do drive me nuts...I swear I'm going to be better.
3. Be comfortable in my own skin. I'm extremely self-conscious about many things. I feel like I have awful skin, my teeth have shifted and are crooked and I'm even self-conscious of how I am as a mom. I need to realize that not everyone is going to think I'm beautiful or a good mom...but I need to be OK with that.
4. Spend time with the people I love most. Time flies. Just the other day E was a baby and now he's about to be three. E has been blessed with 3 great-grandmothers still living and 1 great-grandfather. How cool is that?! He really needs to spend more time with these people and so do I!
5. Stop comparing myself to everyone else. I don't know if this ever stops, but I pray that I will be content with who I am, what I have and where I am in my life.