Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Workout Wednesday: Post Half

Well friends, it's over...the Chick fil A half that is. It was hard, I'm not going to lie. The course was crazy hilly (in fact, at one point I looked at one of the hills and laughed). There were also lots of curves which is not something I'm super used to. I also hit a wall at mile 10 and thought I was going to pass out...I started getting shaky and had to walk. Mentally this race was a lot harder than the others I had done. I don't know if mentally I wasn't as tough as usual, but something was off. All this to say, I'm proud of what I did and I'm excited for a little break! I ended up placing 16th for my age group which feels good for not running my best, but it also makes me wonder how well I would have done if I had run at my best.

Running is one of those things that you have good days and bad days so I have to be happy with what I did!

E and I had a great time at the Expo with our friends and the cows!
Kate has been my running partner for several weeks during training...she's fast and kicked my butt, but we started together :)
Some of the cows were hilarious!


There's nothing flattering about running pictures, but here's a few.



And my number one fans were both on the course and at the finish line!


This is mine and Cassie's third race together!


And our after pic!


And this is what I ate for lunch :/

And then it was time for recovery and a nap!

Thanks for all of your sweet messages before and after the race! I'm not sure when my next one will be, but I'm already thinking about it. This has been a great week to relax, but next week I'll be back at it!

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment