Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Hawaiian Chicken

When I began writing this post, I figured I could find this recipe all over the internet. Apparently not. If you Google Hawaiian chicken, you get all kinds of results, but good luck finding this one. This is a recipe that I've been making for a long time (when you first get married, you try to stick to the ones that you know you can cook so you don't mess things up too badly...I've just made this one of those go-to recipes now).

If you need a quick, weeknight dinner then this is definitely a good one. I'm sure there are better Hawaiian chicken recipes out there (in fact, Google gave me some great ideas) but I like that this one only has a few ingredients in it and is quick!

Flour your chicken breasts and place in a dish (with a lid).

Mix together soy sauce, sugar and juice from the pineapple.

Pour over your chicken and sprinkle your chicken with parsley.

Baked your chicken at 350 for 45 minutes. Put pineapple on top and return to oven for 15 additional minutes (smaller pieces of chicken may take less time).

Ta-da! I serve it with asparagus or green beans and over rice (because the sauce is really good).

Ingredients
Chicken breasts (I usually use 3)
1 can of pineapple chunks
Flour (enough to coat your chicken)
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/8 tsp of parsley

Flour your chicken breasts and put in a dish that you can cover. Mix together your soy sauce, pineapple juice and sugar (you may need to whisk this together so that it is all blended). Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes (you may bake less if the chicken breasts are smaller). Pour the pineapple on top of the chicken and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve over rice.

I've also been known to add Swiss cheese to the top...something that makes it even more tasty!

Xo,






2 comments: