Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Whereabouts: Derby Party!

This is our second year attending the 1919 Mint Jubilee, a fundraiser through a local hospital. At the event last year, it poured rain...but this year the weather was beautiful! We always have a great time with a large group of our friends (some from church and some from various other places). There are lots of hats, bowties, drinks and yummy food.

This year I had the privledge of wearing a beautiful fascinator by the lovely Angela Kang from Atlanta. After last year, I knew that I wanted a fascinator and not a hat...hats get in the way of hugs and conversations...and fascinators are totally on trend now thanks to the royals.


Angela and I began our collaboration by me sending her pictures of my dress. She sent me several options of what could match, but I ultimately left the decision up to her. I was so excited when my fascinator arrived in the mail and it could not be a more perfect match (for me and my dress!).

So, let me tell you a little bit about this great hat designer...in her own words:

"As Atlanta's 'Queen of Hats' my vision is to blend Southern charm and style with Asian practicality and detail in all my accessory designs. My creations - reflected in the hairband-based fascinator line - aim for casual and playful sophistication that is easy to wear."
"I believe that unique and on-trend fashions are easy to achieve with the right accessories. Something fun, something different - a great accessory can make an outfit and make you feel special - like a blooming flower. I want every woman to have that feeling! I hope my hats and accessories do just that."

"Before opening my business, I studied interior and fashion design in Korea and Australia, and have designed women's wear lines for the international fashion market. Fashion has taken me all over Asia and to Europe too, researching trends and overseeing production. Now I want to share some of that international fashion spark with my new friends in the USA."

I love the uniqueness of Angela's fascinators...I also love that she incorporates them into everyday where. Heck, if I could get away with a fascinator everyday, I probably would. I'm totally in love with mine and itching to wear it again!

The fascinator she made me is of beautiful quality and was so comfortable (it's on a headband so there's no pins to drive you nuts). The detail was fantastic and she has lots of other amazing creations.

If you'd like to visit her Etsy page, I encourage you to do so...I'm sure you'll find something just as lovely :)

Thanks Angela...I'm already trying to decide what I'm going to wear next year!

**Photo credit: Blane Marable

Xo,



2 comments: