Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tasty Tuesdays: Maple Dijon Baked Chicken

Want a quick and easy chicken recipe?! Here ya go! Now I only eat chicken (no other meats or even seafood) so I'm constantly looking for chicken recipes that are different from what I normally eat. I'm sure over the course of time, you'll get tired of my chicken recipes, but until then :) One of my best friends gave me this amazing recipe...the only problem is I forgot to take a picture of it after it cooked (oops). I promise that it looked amazing (and tasted great too).

Ingredients:
3 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp maple syrup (I just use the sugar free syrup or whatever I have)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 chicken breasts (you can cut up into little chicken nuggets and double this whole recipe to make the equivalent of 4 breasts)

Whisk mustard, maple syrup, oil, basil, pepper and salt in large bowl
Pour in large plastic bag, add chicken and move around to coat evenly
Marinate for 30 minutes to 6 hours
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Put chicken in baking dish
Cook covered for 10 minutes, uncovered for 10 minutes

**You can also make it on the stovetop in a sauté pan or skillet when they are cut into little bites. 

Enjoy this quick and easy dinner!

Xo,

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'll have to try it sometime :)

    XO
    Heather
    <a href="http://disposableincomegirl.com>www.disposableincomegirl.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum this looks so delicious and easy to make. I love mustard so this would be a perfect dinner!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this looks so yummy! I want to try it!
    xo,
    N
    {getupanddressup.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neidelyn you should definitely try it! Super easy! Xo!

      Delete