It's easy peasy y'all...here's what you need:
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, 1 bag sugar mix (incl.), 1 egg, 1 tbsp. water, 1 bag dry mix (incl.) Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Beat butter on medium speed until creamy, 4 to 6 minutes. Reduce to low and slowly add the sugar, beating until just blended. Add the egg and water and beat until just blended. Add the dry mix in 2 additions, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Continue beating until the dough starts to come together, about 1 minute more. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and divide into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball, then flatten into disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Let dough soften slightly at room temp before continuing. Roll out dough ¼-in thick and cut out cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, depending on whether you want the cookies to be soft or crisp. Cool on racks then decorate as desired.
E and my mom had a great time making the cookies (and Jon and I had a great time eating them!).
Enjoy this easy, cheat recipe!