Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday Thankfulness: Simple Things

I was speaking with a co-worker about the simple things in life and it got me thinking about how much I really love those little moments that happen. I am beyond thankful that I get to experience those little moments in my life and to see them happen in E's life.

Since I have Mondays and Fridays off, I get lots of little moments with E. Yes, we have to run errands, cook dinner and clean the house, but I also make sure that there is time set apart that we get to do something fun.

Last week, it was a beautiful day on Monday. After running our normal errands and putting the groceries away, I asked E if he wanted to have a picnic. He got so excited that we were going to eat outside. I fixed his lunch (his request was a hotdog and pineapple) and fixed a cup of coffee for me. We headed outside with Milly and snuggled up on my favorite t-shirt blanket. After we ate lunch, we read a Thanksgiving book and ate popsicles, then E rolled in the leaves. It really was the perfect day. We finished it off with a wagon ride (see pictures on Sunday) and swinging in what he calls his "blue swing." It was a fun day...one that I'll always remember.

 

It really is the simple things in life that make life better.

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment