Monday, December 2, 2013

Menu Monday: Gooey Butterscotch Funfetti Bars

So I decided for my Menu Monday to do a sweet treat (come on, you can eat that for a meal, right?!). For the UGA tailgate last weekend, I made these amazing bars and I couldn't help but want to share them. I found them on a great foodie blog: www.seven-ate-nine.com so I can't take the credit for these at all. I've always been a blondie brownie lover (maybe I'll post that recipe next week) so I was excited to try a different version. I seriously have boxes of yellow cake mix because it seems like I get asked to make my blondies all the time...so therefore must keep the ingredients on hand at all time. What made me most excited about these little yummies is that I also had all of the ingredients on hand!


Gooey Funfetti Bars
Adapted from Crazy For Crust

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 egg
2/3 cup sprinkles, divided
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup butterscotch chips

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x9" pan with cooking spray.
2. Add cake mix, butter and egg to a bowl and mix by hand, or in a stand mixer, unti a thick dough forms. Add 1/3 cup sprinkles and stir until incorporated.
3. Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips and remaining sprinkles. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top, and spread remaining dough over the top.
4. Bake bars around 30 minutes, or until they just begin to brown. I think it is better to take them out a little early than a little late. They are cake batter, after all!
5. Cool completely before slicing.

Y'all, these things are so stinking good. I'm sure they'd be amazing with a scoop of ice cream too! E had such a great time mixing all of the sprinkles together (I'm sure you could make them a lot prettier with different colored sprinkles, but we used what we had).

Hope you enjoy this yummy snack!

Xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment