Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Snapshot

Another busy weekend...I'm pretty sure all of the weekends around Christmas are insanely busy. We had a great weekend and have another Christmas party tonight (at our house). One of my favorite things about this time of year is that you get to see friends that you don't always get to see. There's so much joy during the Christmas season...seeing friends and family, the joy on kids faces and there's nothing better than the joy that comes from all of the amazing cooking. We've had lots of rainy days, which normally gets me down...but remembering the reason for the Christmas season helps lift my spirits.

So without further ado...my week in review!

Apparently I didn't take any pictures on Monday...not even sure where this week went! On Wednesday, E begged for a bike ride. After I somehow got the bike down without killing myself, I loaded him and Milly up (50+ lbs) and down the street we went...only to discover that we had a flat tire. Needless to say, we only made it half a mile and turned around. I pretty much thought I was going to die.
Thursday, my dear friend Whitney at Salon DM3 colored my hair. I've found that since going brunette, the color doesn't really last long in my hair (probably because my hair was sooo blonde before). Anyway, getting your hair colored is always a relaxing experience (at least in my opinion).

Friday, E and I played outside for awhile because it was finally not raining. I wore my Lilly Pulitzer murfee, Lilly Pulitzer sweater, favorite Gap jeans and Tory Burch revas.
 And E rolled around in the leaves...
I tried to make Friday extra fun for E because he had his first babysitter that night (I know, 2.5 years and he hasn't had one...it's a crime ;)) so we went to his favorite lunch spot for burritos.
Friday pm, we went to one of our best friends' Christmas parties. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed wearing my sparkly dress :)
They had a photo booth which was super fun...the hubs and I had to take a turn in there :)
Saturday, our Junior League hosted a Cookies with Santa event. It was a lot of fun to see all of the kids get excited (or terrified) of Santa. It was exhausting to make them smile...to say the least.
Let's just say that E was....not a big fan :)
Visiting Santa wore him out so he fell asleep on the couch (not dreaming about Santa).
This pic never made it to Instagram, but that's homemade Eggnog folks...it was fantastic, really...and my leather skirt was pretty fantastic too!

We had a great weekend...hope you did too! I'll be back tomorrow for Menu Mondays...it's sure to be something yummy (maybe dessert?!)

Xo,

2 comments:

  1. I love your sparkly dress and the Santa pictures! Such a fun weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pink and Fabulous! It took a lot of bravery (and a day of dieting) to convince myself to wear that dress! XO

    ReplyDelete