Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thankfulness Tuesday: Coziness

I know it seems silly to have a blog post on coziness, but that's something that I'm truly thankful for. On cold days especially. I'm one of those people that if you just happened to pop in, I'd have lamps on, a candle burning and flowers on the table. During the seasons, the house is decorated appropriately. The house may be a total disaster (toys everywhere) but it is indeed cozy. I remember growing up thinking that about my parents house. It wasn't one of those houses where you couldn't touch anything and museum-like. I'm totally my mom. I love pillows, bright colors and to entertain. I want people to feel at home in our house...kick off your shoes, plop down on the sofa and let me fix you a cup of coffee (or a glass of wine). Welcome to cozy!

I love fresh flowers...they just really make a house a home. Our kitchen table is one of my favorite pieces in our house and I love the look of flowers in a Mason Jar...can you say Southern and sweet?
There's not much better than a candle burning and filling the entire house with a warm scent. I totally choose candles by season but this is my go-to for all the time. Lafco makes the most amazing candles. This ones is called Foyer (and yes I use it in other places other than the foyer). Don't show your husband the price tag on these babies, but I swear they last forever (I actually found mine on sale!).

Xo,

4 comments:

  1. I love cozy houses. I want people to feel like they are home when they are over and that it's okay to drop mac and cheese on the sofa or if a spill happens it won't be a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I totally agree! I want everyone to throw off their shoes and make themselves at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozy is the best word to use this time of year - getting home from the cold and curling up on the couch and getting cozy!! :) I love having the tree lit and cuddled up on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLovedBoston, there's nothing better, right?! I love having a fire in the fireplace and drinking coffee under a blanket. Just makes everything feel right in the world :)

      Delete