Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thankfulness Tuesday: New Year

New Years Eve always make me reflect on the past year (even more so than Thanksgiving). So much has happened this past year and it has seriously flown by. It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating last New Years. So I want to thank all of you, my readers, who have made me feel like I'm a decent blogger ;) Also, the amazing people that have given me the opportunity to build my blog and to blog about their products (some of these are upcoming): Ocean Avenue Boutique, The Prickly Pear Boutique, Alta Moda, Bent by Courtney, Kelly Coleman: Rodan and Fields, Stevie at Truche and Pretty Southern by Leigh. Thanks for taking a chance on someone who's just starting out but that really loves blogging and really loves your products.

I told someone the other day that blogging to me isn't just about getting free stuff or even getting paid (though these things are nice)...blogging is about expressing the things I love and sharing my ideas with others. Heck, you may think that I'm exactly like every other blogger out there...but maybe, just maybe you see something different. I'm not going to write about how easy life is and how my child behaves all of the time. You will most likely see me in outfits that look ridiculous (I'm no self proclaimed fashion queen) and hear me talk about real life.

This past year I have grown as a person. I like to laugh about the fact that this year was my Quarterlife Crisis. I ran my first 15K, I ran my first half marathon, I dyed my hair brown and I started a blog. I guess my crisis could have been worse ;) I'm sure this year ahead holds many wonderful things, but I feel so blessed to have had 2013. Sure, there were hard times...there always will be, but those are what help me grow as a person...those are what make me relate to you. Life isn't about being easy, life is about the people you meet, the chances you take and the blessings you can bestow on others.

I hope that in this year ahead, I can bless you with some kind of words of wisdom and encouragement. This blog isn't about dollar signs...it's about you and sharing a piece of my life with you.

So Cheers to a great 2014 and to making lots of new friends through this blog!

Xo,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment